Sunday, April 10, 2016

CERA Proposal

CERA Independent Student Project Proposal



Student: Lauren Roush

Course Name: ART-320-01 Sight Specific

Project Name: Monotype prints from prairie ashes



Project Description:
Throughout this semester I have used materials found in my community to make portraits of friends and family. For this project I am going to make a monotype print, or monotype suite depending on how the process goes, to create a portrait of my cousin, Lydia. Most of my immediate family is from central Iowa; Lydia works for Des Moines Parks and Recreation and has a passion for prairie restoration. I am going to mix ashes from the burned prairie at CERA with wheat paste and water to create my own ink, which I will use to create a portrait of Lydia burning while at work.  The prints will be bleed prints on 22”x30” Rives BFK.



Project locale (please describe location and attach map):
I will use materials found throughout CERA to create my own ink; however, the print(s) will either be displayed at Bucksbaum at Grinnell College or at CERA’s Environmental Education Center.




Project materials:
I will acquire ashes from the burn that took place April 9th.





Additional Needs:
None.





No comments:

Post a Comment