Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 6 (Body)

I covered the bust of my dress in a solution of glue and water with a sponge (1 part glue, 2 parts water) and it did not keep its shape after it dried. It seemed like the glue and water didn't soak through the yarn of the afghan.

I brought the bust home and mixed a solution of glue with 2 parts glue, 1 part water. I completely saturated the front of the dress with the solution on 2/20 by dipping it in the solution. The dress was still was not dry in the evening of 2/21. I put a fan on it to wait for it to dry.

_______________________________________________________________________________



The new glue solution worked and it held it's form. I made a armature for it out of armature wire to help support it.


 I was super interested in how many people were involved in making the dress, because at least one person made each afghan. In order to get this done, my sister, boyfriend, and cousin all helped me sew the dress together which added to how many people were involved in making this dress.



No comments:

Post a Comment